Winter Wonderland in Wisconsin

By Zury - December 24, 2020

Even though Fall is my absolute favorite season, Winter definitely has its perks. When you get that first snowfall for the season, everything changes. The landscape, the people, the mood, the views... everything. This will be our first winter here in Wisconsin and when we received our first snowfall for the season, I couldn't have been happier. Most people would look out the window and fall right back into bed. Nope, not me. I was jumping out of bed and rushing to get ready to go take photos. When we first opened our curtains to look out the window, my mouth was to the floor of how much snow we got in one night. We easily got about 7-8 inches of snow and it truly was a Winter Wonderland all across town. 

Here are some photos around the neighborhood:



It snowed for over 24 hours so it kept snowing as I went out photographing around town, including when we went to go explore the downtown square. 



After exploring town, my husband wanted to drive me through some rural areas of Illinois by the border and I'm glad that he did. The beauty that I found was breathtaking. We drove towards the town of Winslow and I immediately told him to pull over when I saw a small creek off the side of the road with trees covered in snow. It was probably one of my favorite winter photos I have taken. It made for an amazing panorama. 



As we continued on, there were open fields of hills covered in snow with the wind turbines still active. Growing up in FL I was never exposed to wind turbines very much but ever since moving to the Midwest I see it often and it always takes my breath away. Something about it just puts me in awe at how massive they are yet graceful with the backdrop of farms and open hills as far as the eye can see towards the horizon. 


As always, most photos are available in my shop. This time I have created a Winter Collection so check it out by clicking the button below and purchase your wall art or home decor items with these very photographs:

All purchases are appreciated and shopping small always helps support local artists. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for your support! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for all of the latest updates: www.instagram.com/zuryphotography